Enjoying life as it is. Summer 2018
Jeanette or Mohani asked professionals to set up the foundation and hosting for this website. Now she can continue to build it herself. She loves to express her ideas and inspiration. She also...
likes to cook
likes to garden
likes fiddling around
She is very fond of her motorbike. It's a Honda GB 500TT from 1989. GB stands for Great Britain. The 500 is the cc and the TT stands for Tourist Trophy. She bought this beauty on August 1999.
Mohani practices Kundalini Yoga at Middenweg in Meppel. She wishes to do the Kundalini Yoga Teachers Training.
To get groceries, to move around and to stay fit she rides on her mountainbike. Also because she doesn't have a car 🙂
For a very long time Mohani longs to buy her own house for rebuilding and/or to live in a community. She is still indecisive on this one, haha!
But anyway, she never believes she's too old for anything!
Expertise in Art
- Since 1998 professional artist.
This includes participation in exhibitions and art fairs, promoting, presentation, managing photo's, doing marketing and acquisition. Of course she makes her own art. This is done by hand. There is no computer work involved, except for photo's.
Workshops Patterns on Wood
- 2015 - 2018 Workshops 'Painting on Wood', Artstudio in Rotterdam.
- 2010 - 2015 Painting courses, Artstudio in Rotterdam.
- Summer 2017 - 2018 A 5-day painting course, Ecolonie in France in the Lower Vogezen.
- 2016 - 2018 She took on organizing exhibitions for regional artists at Stichting Connekt, Delft.
Education and Stipendium
- 2001 Startstipendium Fund Visual Arts, Design and Architecture, Amsterdam.
- 1993-1998 Graduation Artacademy Minerva, Groningen.
- 1982-1984 Studied at CABK Artacademy Constantijn Huygens, Kampen.
- 1980-1982 Studied at CNS Christian National Painterschool, Zwolle.
Jeannette or Mohani was born on December 22nd, 1962 in Penrith, Australia.
This continent is steeped in the stories of the mystical Aboriginals about "the Dreamtime".
These elements are consciously and unconsciously interwoven in her life and oeuvre in which she tries to depict a great desire and sometimes nostalgia.
Perhaps not so much a homesickness for Australia, but rather for a world that Mohani knows it exists.
"My fascination for repetition of (geometric) patterns started to develop in the beginning of the Art Academy Minerva in Groningen."
"Gradually my work became more organic and I let go of the 'tight order'."
"My paintings became smoother and transparant. However, 'Order&Chaos' will somehow keep on interfering with the painting process."